Find your degree of interest from one of our many programs of study offered 100% online.
Liberty University's online programs offer you the flexibility to study at your own pace, from your home or office, while retaining a level of structure that will help you stay on track toward achieving your educational goals. You'll receive a quality education - that is both flexible and affordable - from an accredited institution.
Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education
Impact the Lives of Extraordinary Children with Our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree
Are you interested in specializing in the area of special education? Do you have a passion for creating lesson plans for each student to help them reach their full potential? Look no further than Liberty University’s online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction in Special Education. Today’s students are thriving through the use of cutting-edge technology, and we believe our future educators should be too. Through our education classes, you will learn in-demand skills that will teach you how to use these technologies in a way that promotes communication and collaboration in the classroom. These courses will challenge you to think of new ways to encourage and improve special education in school systems in a way that creates a greater understanding of its necessity and benefits.
Liberty University allows you to study on your own schedule, which means that you can take courses with minimum disruption to your current lifestyle. You will have the option of taking convenient 8-week courses instead of standard full-term courses in addition to the opportunity to finish in under three years. In addition to advanced accreditations and awards, Liberty is among the 7% of universities who have earned the distinction as a Doctoral University through the Carnegie Foundation.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.D. in Special Education Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program?
- Organization and Design of Gifted Education Programs: Explore the intricacies involved in developing and running a gifted education program in a way that caters to the need of each student.
- Educational Assessment for Special Needs: Learn what qualifies a student for a special needs program and what an assessment can reveal about each student.
- Behavior Management: Evaluate research and instructional approaches to behavior and classroom management to promote academic achievement.
- Learning Theory and Research: Examine research about classroom management, learning, motivation, diversity, exceptionalities, assessment, and teaching. Learn how to become an effective educational leader in a diverse society.
Through education classes, you will be equipped to assist in constructing, assessing, and improving effective learning environments for special needs children at any grade level. The core content provided to you by experienced professors will enhance your understanding of the tools and skills required for practical classroom management while equipping you with the knowledge and competencies needed to publish cutting-edge research. Each professor is dedicated to the academic and spiritual growth of their students.
Potential Careers with an Ed.D. Degree in Special Education
- Gifted-student instructor
- School administrator
- Special education instructor
- University professor
Our Ed.D. in Special Education Online Program Highlights
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Doctor of Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education in as little as 3 years!
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 50% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Jun 20, 2022
NCATE through CAEP
Maximize Your Time
- 100% online programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Earn credit for prior learning.
- Transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree.
- Transfer in up to 50% of a master’s degree.
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Why Choose Liberty University?
Prepare for a Career
Go from merely surviving in your current job to thriving in the career of your dreams.
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Complete assignments at your own pace, at a time convenient to you within each week.
Access Academic Support
Access our online library, writing resources, study aids, and IT support.
Grow in Your Faith
Each of our programs is grounded in biblical principles, and our professors consider teaching to be more than a job – it’s their calling.
Liberty’s online courses give you the ability to choose when and where you study.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Available for military service members, including active duty, reserve, veterans, and their spouses, as well as emergency response personnel.
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other Payment Options are Available
Contact one of our admissions counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.
An Accredited Private Education Made for You
As a nonprofit university, we have been pioneering distance education since 1985 and offer a unique and proven approach to online education.
Along with our advanced accreditations, we also have been recognized by the following organizations for our excellence in education.
Liberty University is proud to announce that we are recognized by multiple institutions for our affordability, accessibility, and academic quality. Our commitment to excellence has also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America.