Find your degree of interest from one of our many programs of study offered 100% online.
Liberty University's online programs offer you the flexibility to study at your own pace, from your home or office, while retaining a level of structure that will help you stay on track toward achieving your educational goals. You'll receive a quality education - that is both flexible and affordable - from an accredited institution.
Associate of Arts in Accounting
Start Your Career with an Associate in Accounting
The business world is constantly changing with the development of new technologies and strategies, but one thing that remains constant is the need for accountants. If you are trying to break into the field of public or private accounting, financial planning, or financial analysis, Liberty University’s online A.A. in Accounting degree is designed to get you started. An online degree in accounting will allow you to further your career by gaining a foothold in the business field. While pursuing this accounting degree, you will learn how to navigate the business world with morality in a field with so many gray areas.
Our online associate degree program is a stepping stone to a bachelor’s degree in business or accounting. We have designed the A.A. in Accounting online degree to be completed in as little as a year and a half without any required visits to our campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. You can work on your degree from home without the stress of commuting or attending residential classes. With a background in business training from a Christian worldview, graduates of Liberty University’s online Associate of Arts in Accounting degree program have the tools they need to enter the business world as Champions for Christ.
What Will You Learn in Our A.A. in Accounting?
- Financial accounting assessment methods and useful reporting tools
- Essential business law concepts that will ensure you remain compliant
- Managerial accounting skills to make you a better leader in business
- Principles of marketing that will help you better utilize business assets for success
If you pursue our A.A. in Accounting online degree, you will be equipped with the knowledge and in-demand skills to move forward with your career and continue on to a bachelor’s degree. Liberty’s online accounting associate’s degree provides a broad selection of key skills from communications to business technology, in addition to your core accounting classes in order to prepare you to adapt to the changing needs of the business field. Along with foundational general education and Christian life and thought courses grounded in a biblical worldview, you will have a well-rounded curriculum to prepare you both academically and spiritually to be a Champion for Christ in the business world. You may also be interested in exploring our Associate of Arts in Business or our Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
Potential Careers for A.A. in Accounting Graduates
- Corporate accounting
- Public accounting
Benefits of Pursuing Your A.A. in Accounting with Liberty University
As a leader in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to create a flexible and affordable education for busy people. Since we have been investing in distance and online learning for decades, our experience has taught us how to streamline our degree options so you can focus on what really matters to you. While many schools offer online degrees, we believe Liberty stands out.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and as one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online accounting degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Associate of Arts in Accounting degree in as little as 1.5 years.
- Liberty’s School of Business has achieved accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), demonstrating it has met standards of business education that promote professional excellence.
Service is important to us, so whether you’re currently serving in the Armed Forces, have served, or are married to someone who serves, we’re here to serve you. Liberty’s military benefits are available to:
- Active duty service members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Reserve/National Guard
- Spouses of service members and veterans/retirees
- Current Department of Defense employees
We are proud to support you in your pursuit of a flexible and affordable online education degree by offering you the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
100% online, 8-week courses
Transfer in up to 75% of the degree total
Next Start Date
Mar 22, 2021
Maximize Your Time
- 100% online programs at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.*
- Earn credit for prior learning.
- Transfer in up to 75% of a bachelor’s degree.
- Transfer in up to 50% of a master’s degree.
* excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Why Choose Liberty University?
Prepare for a Career
Go from merely surviving in your current job to thriving in the career of your dreams.
Enjoy Flexible Courses
Complete assignments at your own pace, at a time convenient to you within each week.
Access Academic Support
Access our online library, writing resources, study aids, and IT support.
Grow in Your Faith
Each of our programs is grounded in biblical principles, and our professors consider teaching to be more than a job – it’s their calling.
Liberty’s online courses give you the ability to choose when and where you study.
87% of all Liberty students in an online program are awarded financial aid.
Available for military service members, including active duty, reserve, veterans, and their spouses, as well as emergency response personnel.
Corporate Tuition Assistance
Deferred – If your company reimburses you for the cost of your education, you submit your grades to your employer who pays you, and then you pay for your classes.
Other Payment Options are Available
Contact one of our admissions counselors for more information by calling (800) 424-9595.
An Accredited Private Education Made for You
As a nonprofit university, we have been pioneering distance education since 1985 and offer a unique and proven approach to online education.
Along with our advanced accreditations, we also have been recognized by the following organizations for our excellence in education.
Liberty University is proud to announce that our online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.